May 2012 saw the first sitting of a new mediumship development circle in Eastbourne, East Sussex.

We sit in Liz's fully blacked-out converted garage. I sit as the medium with Liz as sitter and we are sometimes joined by other guest sitters.

We treat each sitting as an experiment with no expectations from us and ask our Spirit Team to work with us in the most efficient way to produce evidential mediumship to help us understand ourselves and the bigger picture.

Each sitting is recorded, I transcribe the recording verbatim and include in the final report of the transcript any additional unrecorded experiences that Liz and myself remembered from the sitting.

I publish these reports to give people the opportunity to read or listen to the communications and hopefully increase their own understandings.

I welcome any comments or questions and my contact email is nickp7871@gmail.com

It's up to the reader to make up their own mind as to the source of the communications and phenomena reported and hopefully be inspired to set up a development circle to get their own experiences...


...Nick Pettitt


94th Sitting 28/04/2014


We had the room set up and sat as normal.

Liz did the opening prayer at 8.30pm then turned on the music player and extinguished the red light.

Five minutes later Liz reported brilliant white light shapes in the room. It looked like reflected light.
Then a few quiet noises started from the cabinet.
They got louder; Liz paused the music and welcomed the communication.

‘Hello, hello, hello… All in good time, yes, words are forming, yes, forming to ourselves. We gather and project ourselves into the room…’

Liz… ‘You’re very welcome’

Various voices then came through for a while with mainly random words and phrases as if practicing.
Liz encouraged them all through.
The communication then settled…

‘…It all gel together, we all come in our way, we all have a go, we all gather in this place, in this space that you have, this space that you allow us to gather and make ourselves known. We have our time with you, we have our time to experiment, to draw forward and touch your side again and be a part of this circle, this circle of love which we all can join and interject ourselves into the greater circle that surrounds this place, this space that you have here. It is an exciting time for all of us to engage in a conversation in this way. We are all lining up ready to have our turn. We appreciate a development is underway which is ongoing and we will join as we get our chance to dip ourselves into your atmosphere. It is a great time for all of us, an opportunity to speak’

Liz… ‘We look forward to knowing you better, individually, and being able to have more information about what happens when you pass into the spirit world’

‘Yes, we all have our time, it is all planned. We talk about what we will achieve when we meet on our side. We discuss the subjects that we wish to bring forward. We know, we sense the interest from you, from all on your side who are able to listen to these words. It is a privilege for us to be able to give some information that we know you all are looking for. We have a time when we can bring more lucid information for you all which you will understand. There are many things that we wish to tell but we have to put it into a way that, in your way of thinking. The way that it fits with the way that you think. We cannot talk, we cannot describe things that you have no experience of but we can bring the feeling of these things to you by comparing them with the things that you have experienced in some way but we can also elaborate on that experience which will allow you to have additional experience of things which are beyond your understanding. You will get a beginning of a feeling for these things and this will help with your… it will expand your mind, it will expand your reality and you will build up a new experience which we can help, we can help build your experience so you will have an understanding of the way that we live, of the way, of what lies beyond your physical existence…’

Liz… ‘The actual stage of transition, the process of death and dying is so badly understood here, to actually be able to prepare for it better what conditions will make it an easier transition and facilitate people being able to evolve and find their place in spirit and develop better. We need to know. What we would like to know is how we can prepare ourselves, how we can know what happens so we can better prepare for the actual dying, a person who is dying, so little is known at present’    

‘What you say is very true and all that we can do to help. We have the ability to bring forward this information that is needed. It is not so complicated; you all on your side will make it complicated for you have to compare with your own physical experiences. You cannot let go of this and this is understandable but you will find at the time that you give up your physical existence you will see more clearly and you will remember the things that you have learnt and these will become so much more clear to you that they will help in ways that you did not imagine possible when you were physical as you are now. You have a restriction on your thought for you are operating through physical existence; your mind operates through physical existence. Once that tie has been severed you will be free, you will think, your mind will expand, it will think without restriction of physical existence. At the same time you will have the memory, the memory of all you have learnt in your physical existence. This combined with the freer thinking will allow you to move on. Do not think that so many on your side have this difficulty to move on after their physical existence’

Liz… ‘So you mean that more people than I think actually are helped and can progress after their death whatever happens in their dying but once they are free of the body they can develop, even if their thinking has been very limited’

‘They will find themselves in a freer atmosphere which will allow them to; it will allow them to appreciate their situation. The problems only occur when they have; they find they do not want to leave the physical. They feel comfortable with the physical existence that they know. They are standing on the edge of life. Before them is their familiar physical memory which they will feel more comfortable to just step into once again. The thought of walking off the edge of life into the unknown is what can hold them into their physical memory, but even these people, they will have, they will have heard people talk about life after death, life beyond the physical…’

Liz… ‘..And that memory will resurface?’

‘…even if at the time they did not believe, if they have had the opportunity that memory in the back of their mind is telling them that now they can move on, they have the choice, the choice is there for them. They can move forward or they can move into their familiar physical atmosphere and remain there until they have, until they realise, until they feel the urge to explore, to move on. They know they have an opportunity to move and they will think of those who they love, who they connect with who have already moved on. This will bring them to them, they will hear, they will hear their name called, they may recognise a voice, they will turn around, they will be blinded by the light behind them but they will see in that light, they will hear in that light a voice reaching out. When they answer the voice the sound will become a vision, a hand will reach out to them, they will reach out to that hand and they will be guided into the place that they most certainly feel, they feel they fit, they will have a place where they will fit according to their state of mind at that time and once they have accepted that they can move away from physical existence, once they have seen that light and they have felt the presence of a familiar person, a familiar spirit that they can recognise they will move into that light and then our work is done for they are a part of our spiritual existence once again and they will go through all that is ready for them to experience…’

Liz… ‘So I suppose that any of the teaching or information about life in spirit that reaches even ears that seem to be deaf at the moment in physical life, people that don’t seem to be receptive, that just by presenting that information, making it available, will actually form a link for them, a potential memory, a germ which will later flower when they need to know that’

‘Yes this memory is never lost and at the time when it is most needed it will come forward into their, into their thinking even if they do not accept it at first. It does not matter how many of your years go by they will eventually come to a point where they will want to do this. Each person has to want; each person has to put that effort into moving forward, nobody can do it for them’

Liz… ‘Thank you, shall I put the music back on… Do you have more to say or shall I put the music on?’

There was no further communication so Liz put the music back on…


Liz was getting very hot.
She felt there was a presence with her.

More noises started from the cabinet.
Liz turned off the music and welcomed the communicator who came through speaking fast and excited…

‘Yeh, yeh, yeh… Yes, yes, yes…’

Liz… ‘Welcome friend, take it easy’

‘Will, Will, Willi, Willi, William, William… Yes, yes, yes…’

Liz… ‘I can hear you’

‘Good, good, good… William, William, yes, yes…’

Liz… ‘You’re William are you?’

‘Yes, yes, William, yes William’

Liz… ‘Welcome William’

‘Thank you, thank you… yes now where were we, where were we… yes…’

Liz… ‘Have you been here before William?’

‘Yes, no, no… no way’

Liz… ‘This is the first time?’

‘He ask me to come, he ask me to come through like this, like this, it’s a crazy, crazy experience, to do this, it is like I have become two people, we working together, where I have come into this physical body and now I can speak words so now I have a combination. We join; I join with the medium, that is what they call him, medium. We are all together, words are here, we are helping, we are… He say I could come through and try to elaborate on what he said. It would be an opportunity for me to explain my experience, how I found myself when I died, when I left my body, when I found I was no longer a part, a part, a physical part. I was alive, I was alive and I did not know what to do. I could see, I could still see the physical, the physical I could still see, I could hear, I was still a part of this physical existence’

Liz… ‘Could people see you?’

‘This was what I found out to my surprise. I could not make myself heard, I could not make myself seen, I was confused. I did not know what had happened; it was a mystery to me at that time. I ran around, I visited everybody I could think of. I saw, I saw my dog but my dog was able to see me. My dog looked at me, I knew he could see me but the people around were oblivious to my presence. I wondered what to do, I was confused, I went to my church, I knew, I had a memory that I had been taught that the church was the place to be. I would be saved if I found the church. I walked into the church, I saw an empty church, I did not know what to do. I explored the church, I looked for the priest, he was not there. It was… I felt disconnected with the things that I believed in. I believed, for I had been taught that my church would help me on my way…’

Liz… ‘But there was no one there’

‘…but it was empty, it was an empty space, it was a vision, I visualised it but it felt, I had no feeling, I had no feeling of help, no help in the church so I carried on exploring further afield. I still walked, I walked and I observed. I searched my mind, my memory. I wanted, I tried to, I tried to think of something that would help me. I listened, I listened for guidance, I asked for guidance. I lay on the grass next to the church; I looked up into the sky beyond the clouds. I asked for guidance, for a sign, for a sign to show me where to go’

Liz… ‘Did you know that you were dead?’

‘I had realised by now that I was no longer a part of this physical world and yet I still perceived it. Something was holding me to it. Something made me stay on the grass looking up…’

Liz… ‘You needed help…’

‘…there was a spark of light which was in one of the clouds above me. I got this feeling that this spark was what I needed. It was not only in the cloud but I found, I felt it was within my being this spark, and the more I thought of the spark the more it grew until it was a bright light within me and the spark corresponding in the cloud was also growing, getting brighter and I saw within that spark, I saw people who I recognised. These people who I realised were also passed from the physical and they were looking at me. They were laughing; they knew that at last I had found them. I reached out and they took me up into the clouds, into their existence and I found, I found at last I could communicate with them. They told me what had happened. They told me that I had, that I had clung on too long to the physical. I needed that spark inside me to be expanded and combined with the spark I had seen in the cloud and I had become one with the cloud and that was how I had found my way..’

Liz… ‘Into the spirit world’

‘Yes…’

Liz… ‘Thank you for that William’

‘They told me I could explain this to you. It is for me an interesting experience to be able to come down to your physical world once again and say these words…’

Liz… ‘Very valuable’

‘…and I will return, I will come back and I will elaborate on this experience for I feel it will help others. There will be a time when you, in your circle, will be able to help those who struggled like I did, they are struggling like I did and you will be able once they have been introduced into your circle, they will be able to be guided into that spark, into that cloud above them’

Liz… ‘It will be good to be able to help’

‘That will help them’

Liz… ‘William, can you say how long ago it was that you were on earth, that you were in the physical realm?’

‘That is something which I feel in the future when I return I will be able to elaborate on. For now I have said all I was supposed to say at this point and I will return and I will also be able to help when the time comes for those who need your help to move on I will be there too. I will give them that extra push. I will help bring them to your circle where they will be able to speak to you as I have spoken to you this evening’

Liz… ‘Thank you so much William’

‘I know it takes a time, I have now experienced being able to control a medium. This is the first time for me and I know when these people come to you it will be a first time for them but I have now experienced this for myself and I can pass on that experience to those who need to do the same. So thank you for the time, thank you for this space and allowing me to come through in this way. I will leave you now, please continue with your music and we will build up once again this loving atmosphere that is so much pleasure for me to be a part of thank you’

Liz… ‘Thank you William, bye-bye’

Liz put the music back on…


About 30 minutes later some lip-smacking started from the cabinet and Liz paused the music…

Liz… ‘Hello friend’

‘Climb… Climb the mountain, climb the mountain, reach the top, stand on top of the mountain, look down, look down at those, all on their pathway, see them walk, see them climb up, reach down, offer them your hand to help them reach the top in their own way, along their own path. They all head for you, head for the top, head for the top of the mountain. A beautiful place to observe all that you have achieved, all that you have learnt, all that you have in your memory, in your experiences that you have achieved and know that it is not the end. You have many, many mountains to climb. Many points to reach and each will, each will lead to the next. They are all stepping stones and a pleasure for you to experience, to join as one, to bring together, to arrange in a pattern, in a pattern of experience… So now… So now we reach that point where we come to the end of your session with us tonight. We have achieved another step along the way; we have introduced a new member to the inner circle of our team. Young William has introduced himself to you and he is, he is an important part of our team. He has stepped from observation into communication and he has done well, he is a natural communicator and he fitted, he fitted into the pattern, the pattern that we have built amongst ourselves and was able to slip into a communication with you and he will return and you will learn from him as he has learnt from the experience of communication with the physical universe once again. So as our session draws to a close we give to you a piece of our love we wish you to share, we wish you to explore, we wish you to experience all that is available to you and you will enjoy, you will reach out to all on your side and you will smile at those who you meet. This is a part of our love showing itself through you to those and giving them a smile. A smile which will rebound on the next person that they meet and so it goes on, a chain of smiles, a chain of smiles like ripples reaching out to everybody that they meet. So now we reach the end, we know now we have found the time where we now withdraw, we will move back. We ask that you play one more tune, one more tune and we will step back, allow you to re-join your physical world, thank you… good night’

Liz… ‘Thank you friend, our love and blessings to you’

Liz put the music back on for one tune…


I felt they didn’t want to leave for a couple of minutes and I sensed someone saying something like…

‘See it’s not a dream… it’s all real… look out for the rainbows...’

I felt more with it once the tune had finished.

The session had lasted just under two hours again…

Liz then did the closing prayer, sent out healing and did our closing down exercise.

It had been another interesting sitting with some great communications coming through. I often wonder if the spirit team pre-plan what they are going to say or if they just let the evening unfold according to what questions are asked.

The theme this week was very much about passing over and would seem to have been instigated by Liz’s questioning. So the conclusion there would be that the evening unfolded according to what questions were asked. But just to confuse things I remember getting a phrase in my head ‘Standing on the edge of life’ and a vision of a small person standing on the edge of a bucket deciding whether to jump into the familiar feeling of the bucket or jump the other way into the unknown. I got this phrase and vision before any communication took place and when the communication was happening it came out and fitted in perfectly with the subject of passing over so that fits in with the pre-planned theory.

Often after a sitting Liz tells me that the communications have been very much to do with what she had been thinking about that day so my guess is this week Liz had been thinking about people passing over and the team knew she would bring up the subject in her questions…