May 2012 saw the first sitting of a new mediumship development circle in Eastbourne, East Sussex.

We sit in Liz's fully blacked-out converted garage. I sit as the medium with Liz as sitter and we are sometimes joined by other guest sitters.

We treat each sitting as an experiment with no expectations from us and ask our Spirit Team to work with us in the most efficient way to produce evidential mediumship to help us understand ourselves and the bigger picture.

Each sitting is recorded, I transcribe the recording verbatim and include in the final report of the transcript any additional unrecorded experiences that Liz and myself remembered from the sitting.

I publish these reports to give people the opportunity to read or listen to the communications and hopefully increase their own understandings.

I welcome any comments or questions and my contact email is nickp7871@gmail.com

It's up to the reader to make up their own mind as to the source of the communications and phenomena reported and hopefully be inspired to set up a development circle to get their own experiences...


...Nick Pettitt


4th Sitting 18/06/2012


Liz had attended a Dave Thompson séance the previous Wednesday and while there had won a séance trumpet in an auction… we now had our first piece of séance paraphernalia.
We placed it on the floor between us, just in case it decided to fly round the room!!!

The evening before I’d sat on my own and asked spirit to do whatever was necessary to prepare me for this evening. I didn’t remember much of it as I appeared to have nodded off.

We sat in red light again with blankets over the windows and Liz had the music player on her side of the room.

Liz opened with a prayer at 8:30pm and put the music on.
After about five minutes I started making lip-smacking/sucking noises and slow breathing.
Liz saw several faces over mine and saw energy moving through me.

I was making a few gurgley noises then about 25 minutes after the start the first communications came through...


Five minutes later Desmond came through struggling to stabilize the voice and asked Liz to keep the music up…


Liz had an itchy nose.
Then another communicator came though saying they were making themselves felt on both sides of the room, bridging the gap, connecting two energies together…


During some Native American music I was breathing out slowly making a hissing sound and Liz observed energy streaming from my mouth.

Desmond comes through to close and thanks Liz.


I came back slowly feeling a bit wobbly.
Liz closed with a prayer and breathing exercise which helped bring me fully back.

We had sat for one hour ten minutes. I had been aware throughout but the whole sitting had felt like ten minutes to me. I think they are starting to take me out of it in their own way.

Liz had felt a connection between us and had energy pulled from her fingers and abdomen. Her mouth and arms had sometimes moved with mine and at one point when I twitched my nose her nose was itching.