May 2012 saw the first sitting of a new mediumship development circle in Eastbourne, East Sussex.

We sit in Liz's fully blacked-out converted garage. I sit as the medium with Liz as sitter and we are sometimes joined by other guest sitters.

We treat each sitting as an experiment with no expectations from us and ask our Spirit Team to work with us in the most efficient way to produce evidential mediumship to help us understand ourselves and the bigger picture.

Each sitting is recorded, I transcribe the recording verbatim and include in the final report of the transcript any additional unrecorded experiences that Liz and myself remembered from the sitting.

I publish these reports to give people the opportunity to read or listen to the communications and hopefully increase their own understandings.

I welcome any comments or questions and my contact email is nickp7871@gmail.com

It's up to the reader to make up their own mind as to the source of the communications and phenomena reported and hopefully be inspired to set up a development circle to get their own experiences...


...Nick Pettitt


1st sitting 16/05/2012


Wednesday 16/05/2012 saw the first sitting of the Mercury Light Circle.

I have been developing trance mediumship on and off since 2000. The Mercury Circle used to have extra sittings where I would sit for trance and since then I have sat with ex-Mercury Circle member Dan at my house where we have sat for each other. I have twice been told by spirit that I should develop physical mediumship using a cabinet so when I met Liz who was keen to start a physical circle at her house in Eastbourne I jumped at the chance.

Liz has a house with a garage which is being converted into a dedicated seance room. Until that is finished we will use another room in the house.

We sat opposite each other in subdued light. The curtains were drawn but it was still light outside keeping the room well lit.
Liz sat as observer while I allowed myself to be controlled after saying the opening prayer at 8pm and turned on the music. Had we thought about it we should have had the music player at Liz’s end of the room so she could turn it down during communications but we’re still learning and will do that next time.

The energies in Liz’s house felt calm but strong the moment I arrived and I was soon feeling a little light headed. When the sitting began I felt the familiar feelings of spirit moving in close. There was a strong pressure on my forehead, my face felt tingly and I was aware of my body tensing up and my right hand shaking. Sometimes my arms would be raised and my hands cupped together or held together as if praying.
Liz reported feeling a connection and found her arms moving similar to mine which was interesting.

I remained aware throughout and could hear both Liz and the communicators speaking through me. I felt as if I was slightly behind myself.
Liz was aware of three energies with me which she saw as three orb type lights around my head.

Desmond was the first to communicate and here says a few words…


Later a communicator (possibly Desmond again) talks about ‘Fred’ and asks Liz if she can see him. Liz then describes the different faces and energies she is seeing.  Another communicator speaks briefly to say that what Liz sees ties up with what they are presenting…


Finally a new communicator who introduces herself as ‘Enid’ comes through before Desmond closes. Enid mentioned an address, 74 Fairlight Road, which she said was ‘near here’ and we afterwards thought may be Fairlight Road in Eastbourne but after checking found the house numbers didn’t go up that far. It could be Fairlight Road in Hastings which does have a number 74. Liz asked for her surname but she withdrew before giving it. Maybe she will be back to give more details another time???