May 2012 saw the first sitting of a new mediumship development circle in Eastbourne, East Sussex.

We sit in Liz's fully blacked-out converted garage. I sit as the medium with Liz as sitter and we are sometimes joined by other guest sitters.

We treat each sitting as an experiment with no expectations from us and ask our Spirit Team to work with us in the most efficient way to produce evidential mediumship to help us understand ourselves and the bigger picture.

Each sitting is recorded, I transcribe the recording verbatim and include in the final report of the transcript any additional unrecorded experiences that Liz and myself remembered from the sitting.

I publish these reports to give people the opportunity to read or listen to the communications and hopefully increase their own understandings.

I welcome any comments or questions and my contact email is nickp7871@gmail.com

It's up to the reader to make up their own mind as to the source of the communications and phenomena reported and hopefully be inspired to set up a development circle to get their own experiences...


...Nick Pettitt


20th Sitting 08/10/2012


This week saw the 20th Mercury Light sitting since we had our first sit back in May.

Dan was at home with a stomach bug so it was just Liz and me this week.

The day before on the way back from Bristol Syann and I had decided we would swap the medium’s chairs from the Garage to the Cupboard. The Cupboard chair is a bit more laid back and has provision for the easy fitment of arm restraints if we need them.

I also moved the water and minerals and placed them by the trumpet in the centre of the circle. The salt remains under the medium’s seat and the lemon to the left of the cabinet.

Liz opened with a prayer at 8.30pm.

Apart from the odd lip smacking noises and loud slow breathing things remained quiet for the next 40 minutes.

I was kept very still with my arms on the arms of the chair.  
I remember getting pins and needles in one hand because it was so still which was a bit annoying but I couldn't really move it. Then it just went numb which felt better.
I kept feeling a sinking feeling and I felt that feeling in the stomach you get if you suddenly go down, like on a rollercoaster.
I felt tingly all over.
I don't think I went off completely and don't remember dreaming like I usually do.
It was kinda like I was teetering on the edge of something???

Liz noticed a scorching smell before some voice noises started in the cabinet.

There were some ‘hellos’ and ‘all of us here, all of us work’
They were getting louder and sounded like a mixture of communicators. Then one communicator came forward…

‘All working in development. We are engaged in our work. We have been able to still the vessel, we keep vessel still in our work. We have been able to lower consciousness in first part of sitting today. We have been working to bring about a deeper state of trance situation… heal all world… we join energy with all groups around the world. All sending healing to your world. We can use what you send, we can work with what you send us. It allows us to penetrate your earth to where we can affect healing, where it is required at this time. We thank you for the work you are doing in this place. It has been of a benefit to us, as has all the circles around your world. Each contributes to the whole, to the one, to the one energy, the healing energy of love which we are able to direct to where it is needed now…’


Liz became very cold.

The music ended and Liz checked I was okay.
I had brought myself back during the last tune and felt fine.

Liz put the red light on. She closed with a prayer and sent out healing.

When I came out of the cabinet I noticed how cold it was in the room.

The small mound of salt we have on a saucer under the mediums chair is sometimes free-flowing and sometimes solid after a séance.
This week it was solid and stuck to the saucer even when I held it upside down.
We think this could be to do with moisture in the atmosphere…