May 2012 saw the first sitting of a new mediumship development circle in Eastbourne, East Sussex.

We sit in Liz's fully blacked-out converted garage. I sit as the medium with Liz as sitter and we are sometimes joined by other guest sitters.

We treat each sitting as an experiment with no expectations from us and ask our Spirit Team to work with us in the most efficient way to produce evidential mediumship to help us understand ourselves and the bigger picture.

Each sitting is recorded, I transcribe the recording verbatim and include in the final report of the transcript any additional unrecorded experiences that Liz and myself remembered from the sitting.

I publish these reports to give people the opportunity to read or listen to the communications and hopefully increase their own understandings.

I welcome any comments or questions and my contact email is nickp7871@gmail.com

It's up to the reader to make up their own mind as to the source of the communications and phenomena reported and hopefully be inspired to set up a development circle to get their own experiences...


...Nick Pettitt


53rd Sitting 01/07/2013

This week we were back to Monday for our MLC sit.

I’d been feeling light headed for about an hour before sitting and just before going down to the garage my stomach was spinning and making noises. I also had an irritation in my throat making me cough.

Liz opened at 8.30pm, put the music on and turned out the red light.

After about five minutes Liz was seeing a few luminous patches in the room.
Then after another five minutes see reported seeing wavy/ripple effects.
There was a strong ectoplasm smell in the room.

Liz noticed two spots of light near the healing book at ground level. They were about two feet apart and stationary. She also had the feeling someone was standing there. The lights remained for 35 minutes before suddenly disappearing.

A few voice noises were heard from the cabinet 20 minutes after the start.
Liz acknowledged and encouraged the communicators.
It sounded like several entities were trying to get through and the words were mainly incoherent.
They withdrew for two minutes then came back.
Oswald gave his name. He managed to say ‘Hello, how do you do…’
A posh sounding character came through briefly followed by an American Indian who has been through before, a very strong energy which makes me shake.


Liz had a few light touches.
She felt herself wanting to drift off a few times but stayed with it.

When the penultimate tune played Liz asked the team to start drawing back.
She checked I was okay at the end before giving the closing prayer.


The sitting had felt like it was in three parts to me in the cabinet.
At first the energies built up quickly and were strong.
My arms and head were moved around.
After the communication I felt a lot of heat over my forehead and eyes.

Then things seemed to quieten down and I drifted off a couple of times during the middle part of the sitting.

I didn’t feel much energy during the third part of the evening. It felt like they had used up their quota for the evening.




After closing we decided to investigate whether anything physical had caused the two lights that Liz saw.
She turned on the red light and noticed the lights had been coming from near the metal legs of the chair by the healing book.
We first wondered if the luminosity of the trumpet had shone over to the chair and reflected on the metal legs but ruled that out as there was another identical chair much closer to the trumpet and no light had been seen from that. Also the room was set up exactly as normal and Liz has never noticed these lights before.
Another possibility was light getting through the door frame from outside and reflecting on the chair legs. We have two blankets which hang over the door frame to eliminate light getting in but it’s possible I didn’t hang them properly this week and some light was getting in. It was still light outside so we turned out the red light again and I checked for any light getting in before touching the curtains but couldn’t find any. Also I think if there was a gap in the blankets letting light in Liz would have seen it from where she was sitting and it doesn’t explain why the lights were suddenly seen by Liz and then suddenly disappeared 35 minutes later. This fact also rules out the trumpet luminosity causing it as that had remained consistently bright throughout the sitting.
We couldn’t come up with any other theories so for now the light phenomena will be filed in the ‘don’t know’ box.

Also while we were talking after the sitting the voice recorder ‘bleeped’ and when I checked it I found the batteries had gone flat. I’d put new batteries in it last week just before I sat on Friday and they’re usually good for about ten weeks, so either they’re duff batteries or ‘something’ drained them during the sitting???