May 2012 saw the first sitting of a new mediumship development circle in Eastbourne, East Sussex.

We sit in Liz's fully blacked-out converted garage. I sit as the medium with Liz as sitter and we are sometimes joined by other guest sitters.

We treat each sitting as an experiment with no expectations from us and ask our Spirit Team to work with us in the most efficient way to produce evidential mediumship to help us understand ourselves and the bigger picture.

Each sitting is recorded, I transcribe the recording verbatim and include in the final report of the transcript any additional unrecorded experiences that Liz and myself remembered from the sitting.

I publish these reports to give people the opportunity to read or listen to the communications and hopefully increase their own understandings.

I welcome any comments or questions and my contact email is nickp7871@gmail.com

It's up to the reader to make up their own mind as to the source of the communications and phenomena reported and hopefully be inspired to set up a development circle to get their own experiences...


...Nick Pettitt


43rd Sitting 15/04/2013


We were back on 15/04/2013 after missing last week due to my tooth ache.

We sat as usual in full blackout with me in the closed cabinet and Liz sitting to my right.

Before sitting I’d suggested to Liz that she experiment with the music volume during the evening to see how it affected the phenomena as I had done when last sitting with her.

Liz opened at 8.30pm.
She turned out the red light and put on the music.

About 15 minutes into the sitting Liz turned up the music volume and 30 seconds later reported feeling suddenly colder and began seeing mottled white shapes moving about in the darkness.

Liz turned it down and up again a couple of times during the sitting.
At one point she felt she was asked to turn it down.

Liz felt her hair being touched and sensed someone next to her.

She got a strong sweet smell… a bit like lemons.
When she told me this after the sitting I pointed out that she was sitting next to the lemon and minerals we have in the room!!!

When the two American Indian tunes were playing Liz had felt Indian friends with her. They were warm loving presences. She felt like she was looking into their eyes and felt emotional. She had a sensation on the right side of her head like a needle going down through it but it wasn’t unpleasant. Then she felt she was turning into a bird but remembered she was sitting as the only observer so stayed with it.
She asked the presences to communicate through me if they wanted to say anything.

Towards the end Liz had the sensation of a light to her left rolling upwards while her right side remained very dark.

Meanwhile it was all quiet in the cabinet all evening.
I felt no feelings of anyone wanting to communicate.
I seemed to be drifting in and out of trance. To me it felt like I was going to sleep and waking up several times.
Each time I came back it was with a jump in my body like something had startled me.
I know I’d been dreaming or experiencing things while out of it but couldn’t recall any details except at one point being aware of filling up some glass bottles and jars with ‘something’ then attaching labels to them?

When I was fully back at the end of the séance I felt very awake and energized.
It was very cold in the cabinet while Liz felt quite warm. Usually it’s the other way round.

Liz said the energy in the room had felt strong all evening and she’d had a wonderful sense of love and nostalgia in the room as if loved ones were with her.