May 2012 saw the first sitting of a new mediumship development circle in Eastbourne, East Sussex.

We sit in Liz's fully blacked-out converted garage. I sit as the medium with Liz as sitter and we are sometimes joined by other guest sitters.

We treat each sitting as an experiment with no expectations from us and ask our Spirit Team to work with us in the most efficient way to produce evidential mediumship to help us understand ourselves and the bigger picture.

Each sitting is recorded, I transcribe the recording verbatim and include in the final report of the transcript any additional unrecorded experiences that Liz and myself remembered from the sitting.

I publish these reports to give people the opportunity to read or listen to the communications and hopefully increase their own understandings.

I welcome any comments or questions and my contact email is nickp7871@gmail.com

It's up to the reader to make up their own mind as to the source of the communications and phenomena reported and hopefully be inspired to set up a development circle to get their own experiences...


...Nick Pettitt


149th Sitting 09/07/2015


We had the room setup as normal.

Liz did the opening prayer at 8.40pm then turned out the light and put the music on.

I drifted off just after the opening prayer for about one hour.

Liz reported lots of little white blobs in the room.
She had a feeling like a tight band round her head.

Liz turned off the music when she heard I was being controlled.

It felt different to me this week. My arms were being held on my lap for a while but eventually went to their usual position with my elbows on the chair arms and hands in the air. It also took longer than usual for the communication to settle in and become coherent…

‘Good evening, good evening… Circle of light… the field of understandings is a great… all people come… settle down to come forward in the way we have built, the way we have come through, all hold hands together, step out of the familiar zone and touch the world once again, the world of physical matter, bring all thoughts, understandings and the passion between, the passion behind it all will drive it forward, slice the fragile process of developing, there is no easy way, there is only one way…’

The communication faded and became incoherent again for a while and then continued…

‘Joan, Joan, yes… yes the personality that you understand as Joan…’

Liz… ‘Yes…’

‘Yes the personality is forward, is attempting to present in a vocal way’

Liz… ‘Wonderful, welcome Joan’

‘There is much effort being put in to bring this personality forward for you, we try to let it come…’

Liz… ‘Joan you are welcome’

‘Thank you, thank you… yes, it is… Those who have worked at my side have always put in one hundred percent, they have always brought to the table the fullest commitment for they all understood that the best results were obtained when that hundred percent effort was exerted, exerted and brought into the circle. I appreciated the work, I appreciated the thoughts, I appreciated the opportunity to sit among interested parties who would gather with me and encourage the words that I could utter forth amongst their interests. I could work as the link to the spiritual vibrations that many could feel. I could give that feeling some words of understanding and I could address some of the questions that they had on their minds as they came week after week to sit in the darkness of a physical séance. With patience and understanding week by week they were rewarded by words, words of encouragement, words that would give them a larger picture, a greater understanding, more of an idea. They got to speak to personalities, each week a range of personalities would come through and would speak to them. They got to know and understand these personalities as friends. These same friends would come week after week but occasionally a new personality would come forward and would give a deeper conversation, give them something to think about, allow them to expand their ways of thinking. These personalities were indeed connected to the highest of vibrations. When I sat I was always aware of a higher vibration and it was my wish to bring these personalities through. Since I have found myself free of the restraints of a physical vibration I have felt the benefit of the conversations that I brought through and it has given me a strong urge to continue the development of communication, to raise it to a new level, to build on the communications that I brought through for I can now see how communication can touch so many, so many can be touched in so many different ways. It does not need to be complicated communication for a few simple words can have a larger effect than many complicated words, yet for some a long discourse of complicated words will provide an understanding. So there is a balance to be found to suit the majority. I have elected to work with this team…’

Liz… ‘That’s wonderful’

‘…and I am able to advise for I am still so very interested in the development of the human race in a physical vibration and I have given a part of myself to work towards raising the vibration of the human consciousness by developing communication suitable for the majority, to give them words that they can grasp, words that they can understand, words that can encourage them to move forward, to understand their existence, to understand the reason why they have been placed in this wonderful physical world’

Liz… ‘So Joan will you be working with us?’

‘I have been placed amongst you; I have given myself to work with you in this particular circle which you know as the Mercury Light Circle. I have been given the opportunity to continue the Mercury Circle as part of this circle. I have been given the job of directing the communication, seeing how it affects those that hear it, seeing how it is worked through the medium for I understood once I left the physical body. I was given an understanding of how the physical vehicle can react to the words of spirit as they are dripped like a tap, drop by drop into the physical consciousness of the medium, affecting the physical components of the body responsible for the production of voice. I was made well aware of the difficulties involved and I can see in this medium the mistakes that were made through myself so I am able to foretell some of the hindrances that will be battled against as those words make their way through that physical structure of the human form. I can help to give them the best possible route to avoid the hindrances that are always in place’

Liz… ‘And can you advise on the best conditions to operate from the point of view of the sitter? How the sitter can best prepare to facilitate, to help the medium?’  

‘All that is required is a solid interest, a solid wanting to develop this circle and a wanting to reach the highest of vibrations that are allowed at this time. For it is no good to raise the vibrations beyond your understandings. The purpose of communication is to encourage all who hear, encourage and help them to help themselves. Not to give you the answers for there are no answers, there is only help, there is guidance. Only you will create answers but we can help you create answers for yourself’

Liz… ‘Yes and the answers will always be appropriate to our level of understanding’

‘They will also be appropriate to raise your understanding but only one step at a time. We can take your understanding to that next step. We can help you to understand that next step’

Liz… ‘I think you’ve already been doing that’

‘We are all pleased with the results but we are also working on improving, we are building on the results’

Liz… ‘Is it normal for myself and the medium to often fall asleep, what feels like falling asleep, going into a slightly altered dream state during these sittings?’

‘Each circle is individual, there is nothing normal but it is finding what feels right, it is finding the best way to work, the best way for spirit to work with the physical vibration in each circle. This can result in the sitters and the medium apparently falling asleep but rest assured we still have control of the situation. You may feel that you have fallen asleep but you do not have full understanding of what you call the sleep state. There are many states, many physical states that can come about the physical form’

Liz… ‘Yes I think I can understand this now’

‘Each state has its own job, has its own purpose in allowing the spiritual part of you to express itself in a physical way which will be recognised in the waking state’

Liz… ‘May I ask a question Joan?’

‘Yes’

Liz… ‘You said earlier that a part of you has elected to work still with the Earth raising the vibration, the consciousness of humanity. When you say it’s a part of you, is that because when you died you had access to your larger soul as it were, to the larger group identity, that you recognised yourself as more than Joan?’

‘There is… the easiest way to describe it is it was a… I was faced with a larger, a greater understanding. I stepped out of myself yet I clinged onto myself like holding onto a balloon on a string. I would not let go for I wanted to keep that connection as I knew it would be beneficial when I was given the opportunity to work in a physical mediumistic development circle once again for this had been my passion throughout my later years of my physical life’

Liz… ‘And it was unfinished work’

‘Yes, I always had this sense that I had not finished, that I had not completed the work that I had set out to do. This caused me to hang on to that part of me that had been put into the physical world to do this work for a greater majority of people. I could easily have let go and moved on’

Liz… ‘That’s very interesting, does this happen with other entities? Because it seems that people like Winston Churchill seem to come through in various circles and still seems to be involved and interested in the same problems and conditions that he was in the lifetime that we knew him as Winston. Is that a similar thing, that he still feels unfinished business?’

‘No…’

Liz… ‘It’s not the same’

‘Winston Churchill… now, there are many strong characters that lived in the physical vibration, your Earthly vibration. There are many memories shared by those who currently live in the physical world. Those memories are sufficient to bring back to life the character that is recognised as Winston Churchill yet the motivating force that brings that character back to life is not necessarily that of Winston Churchill, yet the character as you understand it has been perfectly preserved in all of its makeup and can be reanimated whenever those memories are felt’

Liz… ‘So this is different from how it is with you’

‘With myself I had this interest, I had this passion and I had this urge to continue’

Liz… ‘The work that you had been doing’

‘So I left this part of myself, I let this part of myself remain attached to that greater understanding that you may call the higher self’

Liz… ‘So does that mean for many people that personality dissolves or they let go of it?’

‘Yes, for many that personality is but a dream, a dream that fades’

Liz… ‘It was very awake and alive in you and remained so’

‘I did not want that dream to fade for that dream was indeed a dream for me when I lived a physical existence. I always questioned why it was that I undertook the responsibility of sitting as a medium at such a late time in my physical existence but I was shown when I left the physical form, I was given an understanding as to why this was, as to how it was that I was not ready, I was still developing, not in the sense of sitting in a physical experimental séance but in the sense of living a physical life. I was developing towards becoming the medium for a physical circle and I now understand that I was to be used as a trigger to be used by other circles. The work that I did was never lost. The work that I did has been shared to other circles to help them, to keep them with their interest focused on the development of evidential communication. It makes me feel so privileged to be a part of all of this, I felt privileged when I was on the physical world and now that privilege has been expanded for I touch many circles, many developing circles. I am able to help direct the communications to suit those who sit. My own interest develops as I see the potential in all circles’

Liz… ‘That’s wonderful… So your interest while you were alive has kept alive and allowed you to be a bridge still from a larger perspective’

‘It is such a wonderful feeling to be able to share. Once the understandings have been felt the natural reaction is to share with others but the difficulty is finding the correct words and this is where I have found myself most useful for I have seen from both sides’

Liz… ‘The effects…’

‘The effects on many, the understandings that have been built up by many by a few simple words conveying that understanding to many. Now we can… the energies have reached a point where the communication is starting to fade…’

Liz… ‘Joan…’

‘Yes’

Liz… ‘Before you go can I ask about the other entities that sometimes came, you introduced for example Ghandi, and others that came through. Are these entities that still have a connection to their physical personality in the way that you retained your connection or is there something different there happening?’

‘They have a connection to the physical world not to their physical personality’

Liz… ‘But are they just using that remembered physical personality as a way of communicating with people back in the world?’

‘They are communicating as their true self; you are giving them their personality that you remember’

Liz… ‘Ah okay, yes’

‘Your memories are having that effect on the communication that will make it appear to be the personality that you remember but when this happens, when the communication is strong, you will notice that the understandings brought forward are of a greater understanding than ever existed in the character that walked your physical Earth’

Liz… ‘Right, suggesting that that entity has become part of a greater soul and a greater understanding now’

‘Yes this was shown time and time again when your friend Freddie was communicating in the circle. The sitters had built up the personality yet that greater self was coming through and the words that came through touched the hearts of those who received them in a greater way than the character of Freddie could possibly have achieved when he was very much part of the physical world’

Liz… ‘Yes and its culture’

‘Yes there is so much to understand, so much more to understand about who you are, who you truly are’

Liz… ‘Yes and working in this way in a group like this with the work we do and the experimenting that we do is certainly helping that understanding to grow and the questions to more questioning’

‘And this will go on and on after you have left your physical world’

Liz… ‘It is like scientific enquiry but using ourselves and our mind, our intelligence as the actual objective or subjective enquiry, subjective investigation…’

‘This has been a pleasurable experience, I continue to work with the Mercury Light Circle each week and when the opportunity arises I will speak more… For now as always we give you a piece of our love. Use that love to lighten your own understanding when you consider the words that have been spoken this evening, allow that understanding to further open your spiritual eyes, allow the rainbow within to get a glimpse of the outside world… May God bless you all, thank you, good evening’

Liz… ‘Thank you and God bless you all’

‘Please replay your music and we will withdraw’

Liz… ‘Goodnight, God bless you all and thank you’

Liz put the music back on.


I was back with it after two minutes.

The session had lasted two and a quarter hours this week.

Liz did the closing prayer, sent out healing and did our closing down exercise…