May 2012 saw the first sitting of a new mediumship development circle in Eastbourne, East Sussex.

We sit in Liz's fully blacked-out converted garage. I sit as the medium with Liz as sitter and we are sometimes joined by other guest sitters.

We treat each sitting as an experiment with no expectations from us and ask our Spirit Team to work with us in the most efficient way to produce evidential mediumship to help us understand ourselves and the bigger picture.

Each sitting is recorded, I transcribe the recording verbatim and include in the final report of the transcript any additional unrecorded experiences that Liz and myself remembered from the sitting.

I publish these reports to give people the opportunity to read or listen to the communications and hopefully increase their own understandings.

I welcome any comments or questions and my contact email is nickp7871@gmail.com

It's up to the reader to make up their own mind as to the source of the communications and phenomena reported and hopefully be inspired to set up a development circle to get their own experiences...


...Nick Pettitt


108th Sitting 04/08/2014


We set up the room and sat as usual.

Liz did the opening prayer at 8.30pm, turned out red light and put the music on.

I felt a lot of activity around my right ear as soon as we started. I often feel this but this week it was more intense. I could hear something in my ear, the sort of noise you get when you put your finger in your ear and move it about and this lasted a few seconds. It then felt like something was coming out of my ear and I felt a pulling down on my ear lobe as if something heavy was hanging from it. I also had the sense of something stretching out a way to my right and saw pin-pricks and flashes in that area while this was happening.

About seven minutes after the start Liz reported seeing a tall white shape in front of her.
It made her think of an elephant’s trunk.

Another ten minutes later a few noises started from the cabinet.
Liz turned the music down and welcomed the communication.

(There’s some tapping on the recording at the beginning which is probably my chair creaking as I do move a bit as I’m being controlled)  

‘Good evening, good evening… Welcome, welcome… Circle of light here, yes, working away on all the preparations… like a light bulb, the filament warms and illuminates the bulb, the glass, out into your atmosphere... Let us ignite your room, let us switch on the electrical current to energize the light within your room, ha, ha…’

Liz… ‘Yes please…’

‘Knowing… knowing the answer is all very well but how to give the answer requires a concentration of ideas and a recognition of experience to relay that answer…’

(Sounds like a different communicator takes over now as the voice changes)

‘…Paul, Paul… Hello, hello, it all, it all is quite illuminating for me to… peel away the curtains which we have in place all around. We need to go back and re-join the personality that we fit with at this time, at this time’

Liz… ‘You’re re-joining your old personality’

‘Now it is a choice for us, how we can present our self. We have the chance to pick up where we left off when we left this plane, we can re-join that part of ourselves that most fits the situation that we last… we have that last memory of… We also, also we have the choice; we are also able to come as we find ourselves in our new surroundings. We can come with information for you that will allow you to build up a picture for yourself of the way that we are now…’

Liz… ‘Yes, I guess it would be very useful if we have known you before in this physical life-time if you could come through as that continuation of that personality to provide evidence… Both ways could be useful’

‘Yes they are both of use for you and the learning that you wish to embrace. If I… if I were to broaden my awareness as I knew, as I remember when I was here, I would first get a picture of a scene, a scene that I can put myself in, that is shaped to fit this reality that you are now in and the overall, the overall shaping and feeling and visualization that I can fit into. Now I can see green fields, I can see fencing surrounding a green field, I can see a cottage, a cottage which is part, is adjoined to the green field, a cottage that is surrounded by green fields, each field is surrounded by fencing and I can see cows in the field, I have cows in the field and horses in the fields adjacent to the cows and as I walk through the field with the horses I come to a stream, a stream that runs along the bottom of the field and trees… As I go down the stream I come to trees, trees many trees, a forest of trees… Now, many people have been in this forest for it is a place where people gather together, a social area in the forest amongst the trees. The road is nearby where people park their cars to come out into the trees… Wordsworth, Wordsworth, a name of a place, a place Wordsworth… So, where can I see beyond now, concentrate, patches of green grass… Joe, Joe, he has a connection; Joe has a connection to all of this, all of this… Yesterday was a time, Yesterday was an anniversary connected to this scene, for Joe remembers yesterday, the date, now come back, come back we can follow…’

(The communication faded)

Liz… ‘Thank you for that memory, that picture. We’ve noted it all. Shall I turn the music up now for a little bit?’

‘Yes…’

Liz turned up the music.


After about 30 minutes Liz reported the room looked lighter towards the cabinet and her right side was dark as if something was covering her right eye.

A few seconds later a few noises started again from the cabinet and Liz turned down the music…

‘Hello, hello…’

Liz… ‘Hello, hello’

‘Well, well, well… Trickle, trickle forward, words come forward, well, well, well… Now we come, we come to the end of our session tonight… We are… we have been concentrating on taking energy from medium to produce what will be an extended voice, a voice box independent of the medium. We have been extruding the required energies that we can build outside of the physical body of the medium. So we have achieved a pattern, a pattern that we can use again. We keep for ourselves this template that we can reuse the next time we meet like this for it has been achieved while we sit like this’

Liz… ‘Will you be able to use it next time do you think?’

‘It is only the beginning of this voice box. The beginnings of our work to produce sound outside of the voice, outside of the physical body. We have more to put into place before we can produce the sound that you will hear’

Liz… ‘That would be wonderful’

‘But we have… we have made the start. For this we are all happy for it is a new… it is a new experiment for us to work towards now’

Liz… ‘Look forward very much, to hearing, when you are able to use it’

‘Stable, a stable atmosphere was required in the cabinet to do this work. We have to keep the medium still when we work in an extended capacity, when we extrude the physical vibration, the physical energy from the physical body we have to keep the body still. We cannot communicate in the way we have done in the past when we are concentrating our energy in the vicinity of the physical body of the medium, so while we are attempting this we have to withdraw from communication’

Liz… ‘Right, I understand’

‘Once we have established an outside connection then we can continue to relay communication in the normal way’

Liz… ‘So then will I hear it coming from the middle of the room?’

‘Eventually yes, this will be achieved but we can still use the voice of the medium once we have established a connection with the voice box and the physical body. We are partially there with this connection, so we will continue next week with the building of a voice box, an independent voice box. At the same time we will be able to speak using the medium’s voice box… So, now we will withdraw and as always leave with you a piece of our love to spread out into your world. Your music has come to an end so please sit quiet for a while, while we fully withdraw from this link, thank you for your time and we say goodnight and we will continue next week…’

Liz… ‘Goodnight friend, our love and blessings with you and thank you for all your communication and your work’


We sat quiet for a couple of minutes. Normally by then I’m feeling fine and back with it but this week I still felt slightly out of it and I noticed my hearing was super-sensitive. Everything sounded louder than it should be so we sat a little longer in silence before Liz did the closing prayer, sent out healing and did our closing down exercise by which time I was feeling fine, back to normal and ready for cake and hot chocolate…