May 2012 saw the first sitting of a new mediumship development circle in Eastbourne, East Sussex.

We sit in Liz's fully blacked-out converted garage. I sit as the medium with Liz as sitter and we are sometimes joined by other guest sitters.

We treat each sitting as an experiment with no expectations from us and ask our Spirit Team to work with us in the most efficient way to produce evidential mediumship to help us understand ourselves and the bigger picture.

Each sitting is recorded, I transcribe the recording verbatim and include in the final report of the transcript any additional unrecorded experiences that Liz and myself remembered from the sitting.

I publish these reports to give people the opportunity to read or listen to the communications and hopefully increase their own understandings.

I welcome any comments or questions and my contact email is nickp7871@gmail.com

It's up to the reader to make up their own mind as to the source of the communications and phenomena reported and hopefully be inspired to set up a development circle to get their own experiences...


...Nick Pettitt


51st Sitting 17/06/2013

Liz was back from her holiday this week.

Just before the séance we both felt a bit light headed and I felt a kind of nudging on the side of my right leg which I took as a signal to go down to the garage. It was nearly time to sit anyway so we made our way down.

We sat as usual in full blackout, with me in the closed cabinet and Liz in front to my right.

Liz opened in prayer, put on the music and extinguished the red light.

Five minutes after the start Liz reported seeing bluish misty shapes like patterns in fast flowing water. Then it was if the water flow had slowed down.

Interestingly I felt waves running through me at the start in the cabinet. It gave me the impression I was floating in water bobbing up and down with the waves.

(We had been discussing waves in water and interference patterns before we sat so this could have influenced our thinking)

Another five minutes on and Liz was reporting swirling shapes in the room, like patterns in smoke.
She had a strong pulling from her abdomen just below her navel.

Then she saw spangly flashes in the room.
She saw a flash near the trumpet and it made her feel giddy.

Liz sensed a strong presence in front of the cabinet.

She saw a black shape like a wing or hand over her right field of vision.
Then it engulfed the right side of her.

Liz had the sense of someone she had known years ago with her. Their face came very close. She didn’t recognize them at first then suddenly realized who it was.
She tried to direct them to me and to communicate through me if possible.

She got what she recognised as an ectoplasm smell and the room became very dark all over.
Then she felt a prickly heat especially on her back and shoulders.
She sensed someone behind her.
It felt like she was receiving a healing massage which was very welcome!!!


The energy felt very calm but not strong during the sitting to me.
I sensed people with me and at times it felt like they were about to communicate but there didn't seem to be enough energy for that to happen.

I saw a lot of pinkish energy during the first part of the evening. It was as if a bright red light was shining through my eye lids.

I was drifting in and out of consciousness throughout.
At one point I felt myself drift out of the cabinet through the left side and float round to the front where I saw a row of china mugs laying down on the floor in front of the cabinet. The tops of the mugs were facing the cabinet. I didn’t feel surprised at seeing them and just reached down to turn them all upright. I have no idea what that was about???

I saw two faces, both in black and white. One was very close and filled my whole vision. It looked like a young man possibly Native American. The second was an old man who seemed further away.

My head turned to the right and I saw a Chinese looking lady standing next to me.


As always when the penultimate tune played Liz reminded the team it was time to start drawing back. 
She checked I was okay at the end before doing the closing prayer and putting the red light on.