May 2012 saw the first sitting of a new mediumship development circle in Eastbourne, East Sussex.

We sit in Liz's fully blacked-out converted garage. I sit as the medium with Liz as sitter and we are sometimes joined by other guest sitters.

We treat each sitting as an experiment with no expectations from us and ask our Spirit Team to work with us in the most efficient way to produce evidential mediumship to help us understand ourselves and the bigger picture.

Each sitting is recorded, I transcribe the recording verbatim and include in the final report of the transcript any additional unrecorded experiences that Liz and myself remembered from the sitting.

I publish these reports to give people the opportunity to read or listen to the communications and hopefully increase their own understandings.

I welcome any comments or questions and my contact email is nickp7871@gmail.com

It's up to the reader to make up their own mind as to the source of the communications and phenomena reported and hopefully be inspired to set up a development circle to get their own experiences...


...Nick Pettitt


39th Sitting 04/03/2013


It was just Liz and me again this week and we sat as we had last week with a few tweaks.

Liz sat a bit closer to the cabinet and to my right and we left the red light at the end of the room in a position that lit up the cabinet but wasn’t dazzling Liz.

As before we started in blackout with the cabinet closed for the first four tunes before Liz turned on the red light and waited further instructions.

I had been feeling very spaced out this week for about two hours before sitting.

Liz opened in prayer at 8.30pm.

While in blackout Liz was aware of a few presences moving around the room.
She perceived them as vague outlines and wavy shapes.

There was a lot of slow, loud breathing from the cabinet.

During the fourth tune a few voice noises started up in the cabinet, quiet at first.  
A few incoherent words including… 

‘Hello, hello, hello… All here...’

Followed by… 

‘When this tune ends please put red light on for one song then open curtain and keep curtain open…’

Liz… ‘Open the curtains and keep the red light on?’

‘So light on for one tune, then open curtains after tune…’

Liz… ‘And keep light on?’

‘Keep light on and we will instruct any changes after that…’

Liz… ‘Okay’


Liz put the red light on then got up and opened the curtains after one song.

Liz reported seeing a large cotton wool type cloud to the right of me at head level.
It had a few flashes within it then came out of the cabinet.

Liz was then aware of a person to the left of me coming out of the cabinet.
She then saw lots of flashes to the left of me.

She saw a bright column of light on my throat.
Then saw movement in the cabinet above my head.
She saw a flash to the left and outside the cabinet.

Liz noticed my face become long with sideburns and a hawk nose looking a bit Dickensian.
She saw a whirling blob come out of the cabinet.
My hands became very blurry.

My face then looked like an old man with a skull cap and beard.
Then Liz saw a lady’s face.

After about 17 minutes of red light a communicator came through.

After a few voice noises…

‘Now time to turn the light off please…’


With the red light off Liz said the room was full of white blobs.

15 minutes later after some voice noises another communication from the cabinet…

‘Time… After tune turn light on again. Keep light dim, so when medium raise hand you may increase light… We learn from Star Circle… Thank you’


The tune ended and Liz put the light on dimly.
After one tune my arm was raised and she turned it up a bit.

Liz said my face was getting smaller and larger with a strong sense of an Egyptian.
Then she saw a female face.
She saw spectacles on my face.
She also again saw the face that she had recognized last week.

My arm was lowered and Liz dimmed the light.
Liz saw someone with a large stiff Victorian collar and cravat.

The last two tunes came on and Liz reminded the spirit team it was time to start drawing back.
I was fully back by the end of the last tune.

I felt quite drained.
I hadn’t gone into a deep trance but had felt half out of it all evening.
The energies had felt constant and steady throughout the sitting and I’d felt a lot of activity around my face including pressures and fuzzy feelings.
My face had felt hot at times but inside my mouth as I breathed had felt cold and dry.

Liz gave the closing prayer before we went upstairs for tea and cake...